[bookport] Possible hardware changes

  • From: "B. Alan Mattison" <mattison@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Book Port Discuss" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:21:26 -0600

Hi Larry and list,
There are a couple major revisions to the external parts of the BP that I
would love to see:

1)  could you use a belt clip that grabs onto not only the top but the
bottom of the belt?  I find that often my unit comes off the belt if it's
pushed upward by a wallet in my back pocket, or by my leg when I sit down.

2)  PLEASE make the battery contacts of more springy metal.  If my BP is in
my pants pocket, and my dog brushes against the bp, often I have to open the
battery compartment  to jiggle the batteries so the BP will work again.
Along the same thought, can you put in a capacitor so that interruptions to
the battery power won't cause the BP to return to defaults?  This is not the
same as pushing the D+E+F keys before changing the batteries, but for the
instance I sited above.

Thanks for considering these changes.

B. Alan Mattison
Rio Rancho, NM  USA