[bookport] Re: Possible conflict between Bookport Transfer and Norton Ghost

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:01:52 -0500

No.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clarence Whaley" <clarence@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 9:10 AM
Subject: [bookport] Re: Possible conflict between Bookport Transfer and
Norton Ghost

Isn't there a conflict between Norton and computers working well in
general? <smile>

At 07:40 AM 1/20/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>In thinking more about this, I suspect that by unplugging the drive and
>plugging in the bp, Ghost mistakenly saw the bp as the j drive as it
>probably was assigned the same letter by the os and crashed.  If so, I
>am still not sure why the other issues followed from that.
>If this is the case, is there a way to permanently assign the bp a
>letter which will not interfere with Ghost?
>
>Don

Clarence Whaley
Training Division Manager
GW Micro
E-Mail:  Clarence@xxxxxxxxxxx
Direct Voice (615) 383-6248
or 866-699-8901
Direct Fax (260) 489-2608
GW Micro Voice Number 260-489-3671
http://www.gwmicro.com
or press enter below to read all about our training program
http://www.gwmicro.com/training