[bookport] Re: Periodicals from the new Bookshare site

  • From: "Paula Mack" <pmack870@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:10:36 -0500

Hi Angie,

Actually, he can't use Newsline, because he's leaving the hospital to go to a
rehab facility/nursing home and there are no phones in the room.  He was struck
by a car so will be there for a while, so I'm just trying to make things as
pleasant for him as they can be.

Thanks so much for trying to help with this.  I'm pretty techy as a rule, but
this has got me kind of baffled.  <smile>

Paula
  From: Paula Mack
  Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:20:25 -0500

  Hi Angie,

  How the heck have you been? Anyway, actually, it turns out that they do
transfer to the BP, but when you go down the list of files, it's as if there is
nothing there; in other words, no titles are listed. You can read them, but
it's a little strange, having just silence as you make your way through the
list of files on the BP. that's why I thought the periodicals had not
transferred. I've tried changing the option on bookport transfer regarding
using filenames a titles, but no dice. I've also tried renaming the Opf files,
but then Bookport transfer crashes.

  I called APH only to be told by Pamela that bookport is no longer being
supported.

  Let me know if you come up with any other ideas. And hope you are doing well.

  Paula

  From: Paula Mack
  Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:35:47 -0500

  Does anyone know a way to get the newspapers from Bookshare on to the
Bookport since they've updated their site and formats. I can get the .brf files
onto the bookport fine, but they have no markup, so I need the other ones.
bookport transfer appears to transfer them, but then do not show up on the
bookport.

  Any help would be appreciated, as my husband is in the hospital, and I am
trying to get his newspapers for him.

  Paula