[bookport] Re: Pending

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:04:43 -0400

Yes, this is something we can take a look at.

>>> matneyar@xxxxxxx Tuesday, April 12, 2005 12:31:11 PM >>>
Hello APH,

I know this list sometimes sounds like a wishlist for all the
participants. <grin> Here is something I'd like to see in BP
transfer. I think it would be great if we could have the option to have
BP transfer do its thing to files without the BP's
being connected. This wouldn't necessarily have to happen as soon as a
file is queued. It could be something that you
could manually select from BP transfer's menu. This would be helpful,
especially where audio files are concerned. It
woudl be nice to set BP transfer to convert all the files and then come
back and quicly plug in the BP when the process
is done to get the files. I don't know if this would hellp battery life
or not, but that isn't my biggest concern. I just think it
would be very helpful to have BP transfer do its analysis of files when
I'm not going to be at the computer. I know you'd
have to have extra space on the hard drive for the converted files. But
I do think this would be an extremely helpful
feature.

Thanks for considering all our suggestions.

Angie