[bookport] Pauses in files

  • From: Ron Wright <wrightr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 21:04:31 -0700

I'm studying for my board exams in psychiatry and neurology which presents a challenge given my reading.

One thing I've found helpful is to create files that ask me questions, then pause, then give the answer -- essentially the equivalent of audio flash cards. When I'm doing this on the computer itself using TextAloud (which I like; http://www.nextup.com/), I can insert {{Pause=1}} for a 1-second pause, {{Pause=3}} for a 3-second pause, etc.

I've tried doing this on my BookPort using periods, but without complete success. Has anyone figured out a way to introduce variable length pauses for BookPort?

TIA,
Ron Wright