[bookport] Re: Overdrive

  • From: "Don (Tex)" <dbomer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 00:42:30 -0500

Hi Bill,

It's not the only one. It works well, albeit slow, and it's inexpensive.

If you want to look at others just Google for "WMA and convert" without the
quotes.  Remember, the conversion software must be able to convert D R M
(Digital Rights Management) protected files.  Total Recorder also works but it
uses a graphical interface that's probably not blind-friendly.

Sound Taxi converts by playing the File(s) through Windows Media Player,
capturing the stream, and converting it to MP3.  This makes it slow, but it
works.  I think it's faster than real-time but I always let mine run overnight
while I'm sleeping.

Regards,

Don...