[bookport] Re: Ordinary Batteries?

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:56:20 -0500

I totally agree wholehartedly.  However, It won't be like the Braille 'N
Speaks, where you have to send it in to be replaced, but it'll be like
our recorders, where you'll just call us up and order it and it'll be
sent out and you'll be able to install it yourself.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> franklin1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/16/07 09:01PM >>>
Pamela I wish APH would reconsider making the rechargeable battery
pack proprietary.  The rechargeable feature is a good idea.  However
many of the users of the BookPort are on limited incomes and
typically one is unable to get bye sending a device in for servicing
for less than @100 when all is said and done.