[bookport] Re: Ordinary Batteries?

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:04:20 -0600 (CST)

And don't forget the size factor. You, my friend, were among the loudest trumpeters for keeping it small.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
Skype ID: o.canada

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Walt Smith wrote:

Well, Larry has reported here in the past that their experience has been
that the single biggest cause of repairs on the current model of BP is
broken battery contacts, so his experience would seem to counter yours. Like
you, I've almost never experienced broken battery contacts in any device
I've owned, but clearly, not every BP user is careful in how they insert and
remove batteries--if they were, APH wouldn't be seeing all the problems. The
only measure the manufacturer of any product has of that product's strengths
and, more importantly, weaknesses is repair calls and it's clear that based
on that criterion, the battery contacts are a major cause for concern.
Given this, then APH's concern is totally legitimate and if they feel that
going to a rechargeable battery pack similar to that used in the Handy
Cassette is the optimal answer, then I'm not sure I can find too much fault
with their decision, much as I may not like it and inconvenient as I may
find it to be, personally.