[bookport] Re: Ordinary Batteries?

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 16:16:31 -0500

Richard:

I don't know all of the particulars, but I know it's going to be a
rechargeable Battery Pack, which will be replaceable, but you'll
probably order it from APH.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/16/07 03:13PM >>>
Pam:
Although I can tell that the Bookport 2 will most likely have
rechargeable batteries, will they be user replaceable?
Or, could they be removed and ordinary non-rechargeable batteries be
substituted; or, is it way too soon to know?
I only ask this question because I have been in situations where I
really wanted to finish a book and the batteries died and I wasn't
near
any kind of outlet.