[bookport] Re: Ok, guys, I took the plunge

  • From: Paula Mack <pmack1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:25:32 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris G <chrisg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jul 27, 2004 9:02 AM
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookport] Re: Ok, guys, I took the plunge

what cd case with built in speaker?

On 7/27/2004 at 8:51 AM PAMELA RADER wrote:

>Paula:
>
>You can transfer books from RFB&D, provided that you purchase a key from=
 =3D
>them, which will allow you to do this. You will need to ask for a key code
>=3D
>for Book Wizard. Once you have done that, you can write back to the list=
 =3D
>if you need further instructions.=3D20
>

>Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
>American Printing House For The Blind
>1839 Frankfort Ave.
>Louisville, KY  40206
>
>PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>Hi guys,
>
>Well, I couldn't resist.  I ordered the Bookport, and now I'm sitting here
>=3D
>at work trying to concentrate and not doing such a great job of it.  The=
 =3D
>thing that convinced me was the description of the CD case with the =3D
>built-in speaker.  That means I could pick up the thing and carry it =3D
>downstairs and read while cooking or cleaning, or just at my desk, and of=
 =3D
>course, for portability, I could still use the earbuds like I do for music
>=3D
>with my Muvo.  I'm psyched!
>
>One other question:  sometimes I use RFB&D books to help with research for
>=3D
>some of the stuff i do at work.  Am i to understand that I will be able to
>=3D
>use the CDs from RFB&D in the Bookport, or can that only be done if I =3D
>already have a desktop unit from them.  I didn't want to buy one, so still
>=3D
>use the tapes.  (Anybody remember the old soundsheets).  Things sure have=
 =3D
>changed for us.
>
>Thanks again for all the help.  I just can't wait for the thing to get =3D
>here.  I'm such a book nut.  I scan everything and read all the time, and=
 =3D
>this unit just sounds wonderful.
>
>Oh, one more thing: Marlaina, your idea for the case is really good.  I=
 =3D
>would definitely buy one.
>
>Paula

Some nice people here explained to me yesterday that TDK made a few models of
cases to hold CDS with a speaker built into the case.  I got the cheapest one
from Amazon.  It holds 12 CDs, but since I don't want it for this, it's fine.
I wanted the case that held the least, so it would be vairly small, and the
speaker is MONO.  some of the larger cases do have stereo speakers.

Paula