[bookport] Re: Ok, guys, I took the plunge

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:51:29 -0400

Paula:

You can transfer books from RFB&D, provided that you purchase a key from =
them, which will allow you to do this. You will need to ask for a key code =
for Book Wizard. Once you have done that, you can write back to the list =
if you need further instructions.=20

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> pmack1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/27/04 08:23AM >>>
Hi guys,

Well, I couldn't resist.  I ordered the Bookport, and now I'm sitting here =
at work trying to concentrate and not doing such a great job of it.  The =
thing that convinced me was the description of the CD case with the =
built-in speaker.  That means I could pick up the thing and carry it =
downstairs and read while cooking or cleaning, or just at my desk, and of =
course, for portability, I could still use the earbuds like I do for music =
with my Muvo.  I'm psyched!

One other question:  sometimes I use RFB&D books to help with research for =
some of the stuff i do at work.  Am i to understand that I will be able to =
use the CDs from RFB&D in the Bookport, or can that only be done if I =
already have a desktop unit from them.  I didn't want to buy one, so still =
use the tapes.  (Anybody remember the old soundsheets).  Things sure have =
changed for us.

Thanks again for all the help.  I just can't wait for the thing to get =
here.  I'm such a book nut.  I scan everything and read all the time, and =
this unit just sounds wonderful.

Oh, one more thing: Marlaina, your idea for the case is really good.  I =
would definitely buy one.

Paula