[bookport] Ok, guys, I took the plunge

  • From: Paula Mack <pmack1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:23:57 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Hi guys,

Well, I couldn't resist.  I ordered the Bookport, and now I'm sitting here at
work trying to concentrate and not doing such a great job of it.  The thing
that convinced me was the description of the CD case with the built-in speaker.
 That means I could pick up the thing and carry it downstairs and read while
cooking or cleaning, or just at my desk, and of course, for portability, I
could still use the earbuds like I do for music with my Muvo.  I'm psyched!

One other question:  sometimes I use RFB&D books to help with research for some
of the stuff i do at work.  Am i to understand that I will be able to use the
CDs from RFB&D in the Bookport, or can that only be done if I already have a
desktop unit from them.  I didn't want to buy one, so still use the tapes.
(Anybody remember the old soundsheets).  Things sure have changed for us.

Thanks again for all the help.  I just can't wait for the thing to get here.
I'm such a book nut.  I scan everything and read all the time, and this unit
just sounds wonderful.

Oh, one more thing: Marlaina, your idea for the case is really good.  I would
definitely buy one.

Paula