[bookport] Re: Off topic - laptop user query

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:59:38 -0700

Great ideas, Sharon. Thanks very much.
It is a situation where I would like to find a way to disable the mouse and
touch pad when I'm not wanting to bump it whle typing.  Covering it with
something thin yet strong might be a good work around.  Low tech, even. I
like that!  Yes, I'm using JAWS and my wife is signted so she will like to
glide around on the touch pad.   The idea of the USB numeric keypad sounds
like a match for me. I would like to see about getting one. Although I may
just try and see about learning the keyboard.  Lots of learning though, and
patience is needed, not always in large supply when you set out to
accomplish something.

Thanks again for taking the time to help out.

Rik