[bookport] Odd BookPort Behavior

  • From: "Marlaina Lieberg" <marlaina@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:21:13 -0800

Hello APH crew!
I have an odd thing to report and while it's not a show stopper, it is indeed
odd.

I believe this began happening with the most recent update, though I can't say
for sure as I've been ill in december and can't recall whether this happened
before or after I became ill.  Here's the deal:

Each time I transfer books from my pc to my books folder on my 1 gig card then
open that books folder by navigating to it and pressing 0 pound, my BookPort
defaults itself to the second file in that folder.  It never use to do this, it
always found the first file.

Another odd but not show stopping behavior is that I am now experiencing the
problem Jerry Neufeld reported some time ago, wherein the sleep timer does not
always trigger.  A secondary part of this one is that at times when it does
trigger, there's no announcement; the BookPort simply stops making any sound at
all.

Neither of these issues slow down my use of the wonderful device, but they are
inconsistencies that are new.

Thanks for reading!

Marlaina Lieberg