[bookport] Re: Observations

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:21:22 -0600 (CST)

No disrespect, lack of appreciation, arguments, inflamement, offense or provocation intended, but in the case of a book I might want to use the navigation afforded me by the transfer software. In the case of the books being dealt with on the weekend, I thought I could save time by downloading them directly to the card in the reader, which I did in the correct order but the order BP was seeing them was haphazard. If a simple sorting routine could be implemented, it'd be great.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Chris Hill wrote:

I can get the mp3's in hte proper order by not using the bookport
software.  Start by getting the order right on your computer, and then
pasting the whole mess to the bookport.

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 04:14:43 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

I used my BP extensively this weekend again while I was out of the
country, and loved it. The following observations are all book-related, I
have yet to play music MP3's on my player.
First, I noticed an interesting anomaly on Friday. I was turning the
speech louder, and after a certain poing it kept saying louder but got
quieter and fuzzier instead, to the point where it was silent. I could
turn it quieter again and the sound would return. I did a reset with 2+b,
and everything worked again as it should.

Second, I was wondering how hard it would be to implement a feature that
played MP3's in alphabetical order. If I have books from the CNIB library,
the MP3's are number 01, 02, 03, etc, plus the file name. When you're
dealing with a book contained on 36 or more MP3's, this inconvenience,
though not insurmountable by any means, gets to be a little
time-consuming. Does the hardware of the current Book Port have enough
resources to accomplish this sort of sorting or would such a feature have
to wait for a future incarnation of the unit, when and if one would ever
exist?

Finally, this weekend solidified my convictions about what a wonderful
unit the Book Port is. Absolutely love it.

Bruce