[bookport] Observations

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 04:14:43 -0600 (CST)

I used my BP extensively this weekend again while I was out of the country, and loved it. The following observations are all book-related, I have yet to play music MP3's on my player.
First, I noticed an interesting anomaly on Friday. I was turning the speech louder, and after a certain poing it kept saying louder but got quieter and fuzzier instead, to the point where it was silent. I could turn it quieter again and the sound would return. I did a reset with 2+b, and everything worked again as it should.

Second, I was wondering how hard it would be to implement a feature that played MP3's in alphabetical order. If I have books from the CNIB library, the MP3's are number 01, 02, 03, etc, plus the file name. When you're dealing with a book contained on 36 or more MP3's, this inconvenience, though not insurmountable by any means, gets to be a little time-consuming. Does the hardware of the current Book Port have enough resources to accomplish this sort of sorting or would such a feature have to wait for a future incarnation of the unit, when and if one would ever exist?

Finally, this weekend solidified my convictions about what a wonderful unit the Book Port is. Absolutely love it.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews