[bookport] Re: New member in the market for a talking book player

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:10:09 -0600

When a sighted person finds out what the Bookport can do, you usually don't hear any criticism about what it looks like. If you put it in the case specifically created for it, it looks nice. Besides that, I am not in the habit of buying electronic gadgets based on whether someone else likes the way they look. Think about it... The Ipod Shuffle is just a long rectangular chunk of plastic with a circle on the front of it. The Nano looks similar. Is it supposed to look pleasing? The main thing is: they work!

At 10:04 AM 11/26/2007 -0500, you wrote:
Maybe it looks odd, but the buttons are perfect for operating when the bp is in a pocket or case and their size makes it easy to type in braille even though they are not designed for that task. It is not a pretty design, but it is very functional even now. I just wish they would take current units and toss in a new motherboard.

Have a great day,
Alex