[bookport] Re: New book port

  • From: Tom S <tsykora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 15:40:18 -0500

Hi,
Proprietary batterys can be an expensive proposition and I hope if the BP uses a proprietary battery it isn't priced like the Apple Ipod or the Screenless phone are. The Apples require shipment to Apple at a cost of over seventy five dollars and if I remember correctly, the Oasis sp 22c replacement battery is 50 dollars. Triple A batteries are very small...I am sitting on the fence re the new BP or the Sstream and now need to sort out if the Stream uses standard batteries or something special.
Tom

At 12:50 PM 10/5/2007, you wrote:

It wil be a proprietary battery. Larry has said the primary reason is
that the new unit will be too thin to suport standard batteries. The
battery life will be considerably shorter than that for the current Book
Port.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews