[bookport] New beta software

  • From: Joseph Norton <joenorton1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:49:02 -0500 (EST)

Hi APH staff and listers:

I noticed an odd behavior with this latest software.  When running under
Windows ME, I get an error message indicating that the software was unable
to determine if there were errors on my flash card and to check it before
the firmware was updated.  However, on my Windows XP setup, this didn't
happen although I believe chkdsk was probably run and found no errors
anyway.  Several presses of the button to fix file system errors only
reported that the fix was complete.  Chkdsk did not report any errors when
run manually on either Windows ME or Windows XP.  Scandisk on Windows ME
also didn't report any errors.  Is this just a Windows ME issue?

Thanks!