[bookport] New York Times and Bookport

  • From: "ptorpey" <ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:57:14 -0400

Larry,
I have downloaded the New York Times from Bookshare - I can navigate
from section to section with the Bookport, but I do not see how to
navigate from article to article easily within a section.

I've also run into this issue with the "New York Times Large Print
Weekly" in BRF f format from the NLS download site - i.e., I can easily
navigate from section to section with the Bookport (i.e.,
"International", "Business", "Science and Health", etc.), but cannot
easily navigate to the beginning of articles within a particular
section.

For the Bookshare Daisy formats, we probably need to be able to navigate
by sub-section with the Bookport - Can this be done?

For the NLS formats, perhaps some feedback to NLS and/or modification of
how Bookport finds sub-sections could work out these issues more easily
for the user?

I don't know what can be done here.  If you have any suggestions, please
let us know.

Thanks.

-- Pete

From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Re: New York Times on Bookshare

These are actually cooler in Daisy format.  With Daisy, you can jump
from = article to article.