[bookport] Re: New Version of Bookport?

  • From: "Lois" <al419@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:28:48 -0800

I agree with Jeff. I am fortunate enough to have both a bookport and a Victor stream. They are both great devices. But while I certainly like the ability to read digital talking books with the stream, I'm not really happy with the voices for reading text. While Samantha seems to work the best, it's a flat human voice. Some people think me a little crazy; but I much prefer a good synthetic voice with reasonable amount of inflexion to the flat human one. So I read books from Bookshare with the bookport and use the stream for other things. It would sure be great to have the best of both devices in one package. But I guess that's wishful thinking. (grin!) In the meantime, long live the present bookport! Lois Goodine.