[bookport] Re: New User and Question about Protected wma

  • From: "Rick Alfaro" <rick.alfaro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 15:03:35 -0400

Beware of Sound Taxi.  It installs a driver that has created major problems
for some.  It seems to run fine on some systems and create a mess on others.
If you do a Google search for Sound Taxi and read some of the threads posted
on various forums, you will see what I mean.  It created a mess on my system
and I had to go back to a restore point to get my system back to normal.  It
hosed my sound drivers and cd/dvd drivers.

You can check out www.tunebite.com for another program that does the same
thing but the interface is difficult, requiring a lot of mousing around and
labeling of graphics, but it works at 4x speed.

--Best regards,

--Rick Alfaro
--rick.alfaro@xxxxxxxxxxx