[bookport] Re: New User Getting Errors?

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:25:44 -0400

Kolby:

I have never seen this error with regard to Book Port Transfer and find
it very peculiar, since Book Port Transfer doesn't install any speech
environment.  Let's be sure you are running the very latest update and
go from there.  Go to:

www.aph.org/tech/bp_setup.exe

Download and install that.  Leave the Book Port disconnected and just
see if the software will run. Then, if it works, it will prompt you to
update the firmware on the Book Port itself.  However, first, let's be
sure we can get the software to work on its own and go from there.

Sincerely,

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> kolbygarrison@xxxxxxxxxxxx 08/28/06 10:18PM >>>
Hi All!
I just got my Bookport, and whenever i hook it up to my computer, i get
the following Error Message:
APH Speech Environment Error
Start Speech Erron Number 80040154
I can still manipulate all of my files, but is this something i should
worry about? I have the latest Software installed on my computer, but I
know I need to update my BP, how would I go about doing this?
Thanks So Much.
Kolby