[bookport] Re: New Firmware and Software Betas

  • From: Paul Henrichsen <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 14:13:22 -0700

Hi, Larry. I was thinking of the braille entry idea six months ago or so. I
was lying in bed holding my bp and noticed that if I turned it sideways,
that there were six keys. I wondered if one could braille with these six
keys. I don't know which keys below those six I  would use for the space
bar and hadn't figured out which key would be for backspace, but I thought
why not just turn the bp sideways and have those six keys on the top row.
Herhaps in braille entry mode, the two keys under dots one and four could
both be the space bar and the ones under three and or six could be
backspace and return.
Nice idea for searching, though. It might also be useful for changing a
file name.