[bookport] Re: New Firmware Release

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:55:08 -0400

I think Maria had a good idea that is worth you trying, that is to boot =
your machine with the device connected.  That way, it will grab a drive =
letter before anything else.

>>> dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Monday, September 20, 2004 2:04:47 PM >>>
Tried changing drive letters and still no luck.
Real pain at moment.

Are there drivers required that have got corrupted somehow?

Dale.

At 11:18 PM 20/09/2004, you wrote:

>Hi Dale,
>
>I was having the same problem and did the following:
>
>1. Connect the Book Port before you turn the computer on.
>2. Go to My computer and see which letter has been assigned to the BP
>3. Follow the directions in Appendix A in order to reassign the letter
>
>Good luck,
>Maria =3D20

>Yes, try ging into device manager with your Book Port connected, then =
=3D3D
>remove the device Windows thisks Book Port is.  It could and should be =
=3D3D
>mp3tts player.

>Any other ideas for me to try Larry.  The transfer software still =3D
>won't=3D3D20
>recognise the bookport being plugged in.
>I tried remapping the drive letter but that made no difference.
>
>I am using the latest 1.6.0 version of the transfer software and =
the=3D3D20
>bookport is 1.1.7
>
>Dale.
>
>At 11:49 PM 17/09/2004, you wrote:
>
> >Hi Dale:
> >
> >What you might want to do is look at Appendix A in the manual and =
follow =3D
>=3D3D
>=3D3D3D
> >the procedure for re-assigning the Book Port drive letter.

> >How do I tell?
> >Dale.
> >
> >At 11:04 PM 17/09/2004, you wrote:
> >
> > >Is it possible you have a drive letter conflict?

> > >You're right - the software is not recognising the bookport as being =
=3D
>=3D3D
>=3D3D3D3D
> > >connected.
> > >The computer recognises it though - when I plug bookport i, it=3D3D3D3=
D20
> > >automatically starts up the software and opens a windows explorer =
=3D3D
>window =3D3D3D
> >=3D3D3D3D
> > >as=3D3D3D3D20
> > >an external removable drive.
> > >
> > >What has gone wrong?
> > >
> > >Dale.

>=3D3D
>the =3D3D3D
> >=3D3D3D3D
> > >=3D3D3D3D3D
>=3D3D3D
> >greyed.

>=3D3D
>=3D3D3D
> >=3D3D3D3D3D
> >for=3D3D3D3D3D20

>=3D3D
>=3D3D3D
> >get =3D3D3D3D
> > >=3D3D3D3D3D

>=3D3D3D3D
> > >message.
>=3D3D
>=3D3D3D3D
> > >my=3D3D3D3D3D3D20

>=3D3D
>=3D3D3D
> >=3D3D3D3D
> > >there =3D3D3D3D3D

PM =3D
>=3D3D
> [...]

D3D20=3D3D=3D=20
> [...]
> > >
> > >If you would like some f.ree software just for reading my signature =
=3D3D
>=3D3D3D3D
> > >check=3D3D3D3D20
> > >out the link below
> > >
> > >Better still, if you want more f.ree software all the time you can =
=3D
>=3D3D3D
> >join=3D3D3D3D20
> > >this pri.vate membership site for a one time payment - it offe.rs=3D3D=
3D3D=3D
>20=3D3D
>
> > >incredible value and I am a m.ember myself:
> > >
> > >http://www.dalereardon.com/software/=3D3D3D3D20=3D3D3D20=3D3D20=3D20=
=20

> > >Dale Reardon
> > >PO Box 4033
> > >Wembley
> > >Western Australia 6014
> > >Australia
> > >Phone: +61418138849
> > >Fax: +61893888671
> > >Email: signature@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=3D3D3D3D20=3D3D3D20=3D3D20=3D20=20
> > >

> > >. =3D3D3D3D20
> >

> >F.ree Software Forever
> >
> >If you would like some f.ree software just for reading my signature =
=3D3D3D
> >check=3D3D3D20
> >out the link below
> >
> >Better still, if you want more f.ree software all the time you can =
=3D3D
>join=3D3D3D20
> >this pri.vate membership site for a one time payment - it offe.rs=3D3D3D=
20
> >incredible value and I am a m.ember myself:
> >
> >http://www.dalereardon.com/software/=3D3D3D20=3D3D20=3D3D3D3=3D20=20
> >
> >Dale Reardon
> >PO Box 4033
> >Wembley
> >Western Australia 6014
> >Australia
> >Phone: +61418138849
> >Fax: +61893888671
> >Email: signature@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=3D3D3D20=3D3D20=3D20=20
> >

> >. =3D3D3D20
>

>F.ree Software Forever
>
>If you would like some f.ree software just for reading my signature =3D3D
>check=3D3D20
>out the link below
>
>Better still, if you want more f.ree software all the time you can =3D
>join=3D3D20
>this pri.vate membership site for a one time payment - it offe.rs=3D3D20
>incredible value and I am a m.ember myself:
>
>http://www.dalereardon.com/software/=3D3D20=3D20=20
>
>Dale Reardon
>PO Box 4033
>Wembley
>Western Australia 6014
>Australia
>Phone: +61418138849
>Fax: +61893888671
>Email: signature@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=3D3D20=3D20=20
>

>. =3D3D20

F.ree Software Forever

If you would like some f.ree software just for reading my signature =
check=20
out the link below

Better still, if you want more f.ree software all the time you can join=20
this pri.vate membership site for a one time payment - it offe.rs=20
incredible value and I am a m.ember myself:

http://www.dalereardon.com/software/=20

Dale Reardon
PO Box 4033
Wembley