[bookport] Re: New Firmware Release

  • From: Dale Reardon <dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:25:31 +0800

Hi,
I just tried to install the new transfer software using the auto update
feature.  It downloaded it fine and then at start of install program when
push the install button I get following error message:

I am using Windows XP Professional with service pack 2 installed:

Error
This program requires Windows version 4.9.3000 or later.
OK

Any idea how to fix.

Dale.

At 04:14 AM 16/09/2004, you wrote:

>Firmware version 1.2.0 is released and available.
>
>If you do not have automatic updates turned on, use the Options/Advanced/Ch=
>eck for Firmware Updates button to get this update.
>
>Firmware Version 1.2, September 2004
>
>Bug Fixes:
>
>1. Bug Fix:  Attempt to set a bookmark at the beginning of a text file, =
>results in message  "Bookmark cleared".
>
>2. Bug Fix:  Can't set a bookmark in an indexed MP3 file while listening =
>to a sentence or section  in idle mode.
>
>3. Bug Fix:  When pausing a recording, the resume key should not require =
>the one beep.
>
>4. Help key support:  The B key should not exit help.
>
>5. Help key support:   The 0 key should open Settings.
>
>6. Help key support:   If the user moves to a new file, that should be the =
>new current file.
>

>7. Bug Fix:  If you put the Book Port in idle mode then use the Go To Page =
>command in an indexed MP3 file, the new page is not used if you then=20
>immediately navigate from within idle mode.=20
>
>8. Bug Fix:   If the Next Section command, 3+6, or the next subsection =
>command, 6+9, is used in idle mode in a text file which does not contain =
>any section and subsections, the unit beeps on the first press and moves =
>to the next paragraph on the second press.
>
>Corrects the Power Move bug in audible.com files.
>Adds the Help command accessed with the E key.
>Adds subsection movement commands.  The section keys have been moved to =
>1+4 to go back and 3+6 to move forward.  Subsections are mapped to 4+7 to =
>move back and 6+9 to move forward.  This does require the latest software =
>to function properly.
>Announces the current sentence or heading in audio files when you use the =
>navigation commands while the unit is idle.
>Removes the "Previous Folder" entries from folders.
>Modifies the First File and Last File commands so you may also move to the =
>first and last folder in your list of files.
>Adds a means of entering text to find using a braille keyboard.
>Identifies capital letters when using the letter movement commands by =
>raising the pitch of the pronunciation of that letter.
>Changes the behavior of files where the reading position is at the end of =
>the file.  The unit now resets a file's position back to the beginning of =
>the file if you press the Read command while at the end of the file or if =
>Auto File Advance moves to a file where the reading position is at the =
>end.
>Changes the Status command to provide only the percentage of the file =
>read.
>Protects from accidental recording by requiring the user to hold the E key =
>down for one beep to record a memo.
>Adds the Lock Beep command to the menu to let you turn off the behavior of =
>making keys beep when you press one of them while the unit is locked.
>Corrects a problem where pausing a memo during recording could cause =
> [...]

F.ree Software Forever

If you would like some f.ree software just for reading my signature check
out the link below

Better still, if you want more f.ree software all the time you can join
this pri.vate membership site for a one time payment - it offe.rs
incredible value and I am a m.ember myself:

http://www.dalereardon.com/software/

Dale Reardon
PO Box 4033
Wembley