[bookport] Re: New Beta with Note Taker

  • From: "Baker, Nick" <Nick.Baker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:33:57 -0700

Robert et al.
FYI, our DSS program had 27 BookPorts. So far one has failed and I am
holding my breath and anxious to find the cause.
Here is some info re.: our unit's failure:=20
It did happen after routine loading of a student's books using the BP
transfer.
The BP was totally unresponsive after the load.
Removing and replacing the batteries restored the reading functions and
books on the unit were readable.
Reconnecting the BP to the computer did not call up the BP Transfer
software
Manually starting the software produced the message that no BP is
connected.
In the RoadRunner era, we had some RRs fail similarly, and we were able
to repair some by fiddling with the firm ware. Those failures we
apparently cause by certain non-asci characters in the files being
transferred.

Anyone have additional info to help resolve this??=20

Nick Baker
Assistive Technology Coordinator
nick.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx
406-243-2234 (Voice/TTY)