[bookport] Re: New Beta Version Available--please reconsider!

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:24:25 -0400

Debbie:

The babbling is a firmware problem not a software problem, so that fix =
will come through a firmware update.

>>> debbiecrafts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/16/04 03:58PM >>>
Hello,
Please consider providing the option to remove the Audible dialog box as a
user-selectable item from the advanced options, not a default!  Some of us
want the control that it offers even if it just so happens that the card =
we
are using might physically be able to contain the entire book.  An =
instance
would be if another device e.g. PC or Otis were used to start a book that
one then wanted to continue playing on the book port.  I find a few quick
presses of the enter key a very low price to pay for such control and I =
will
therefore not be downloading the new update.  I would hate to have to give
up functionality which I really like in order to get rid of the babbling
problems.  Thanks for your consideration in this matter.