[bookport] Re: New Beta

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:24:47 -0400

You can forcefully update the Book Port with the beta firmware by taking =
the following steps:

1. Get WinZip. Try www.winzip.com if you don't have it.

2. Run WinZip and open bpfw_beta.exe

3. Extract the file bpfw._BB to a place where you can find it.

4. Connect the Book Port.

5. Find bpfw._BB in Windows Explorer, right-click it, and select Send To =
Book Port.

Rob Meredith

>>> dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/30/04 10:13AM >>>
How do you extract it manually and do it that way?
Dale.

At 09:55 PM 30/06/2004, you wrote:

>Hello Rob and list. Like Dale, I've never seen the firmware update
>software work. Each time I've run it, I've followed the on-screen
>instructions, then after clicking finish, disconnected the Book Port but
>never seen the update itself take place. I've always just extracted the
>.bin file from the updater, loaded it manually, and initiated it from the
>machine using the 1, 3, star, pound command. I've had these results on
>2000 and XP Pro machines. Happy bug hunting.
>Jeremiah

check=20
out the link below

Better still, if you want more f.ree software all the time you can join=20
this pri.vate membership site for a one time payment - it offe.rs=20
incredible value and I am a m.ember myself:

http://www.dalereardon.com/software/=20

Dale Reardon
PO Box 4033
Wembley