[bookport] Re: Need help with Web Spider

  • From: kathy blackburn <kblackbn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:07:43 -0500

Larry explained that for audio files, the best procedure to get them into the Book Port is to save them on the computer's hard drive using "Save Target as" in the Internet Explorer context menu and then connect the Book port and run Book Port Transfer.
Fine. I'm still puzzled, though, in regard to Web Spider. I have tried going to our newspaper's website and putting my cursor on a link. Do I hit return to bring up the article I want and then bring up Web Spider, or use the IE context menu and choose Web spider from the first screen? I've seen the buttons on the Web Spider screen, and I've read the manual, but I still can't figure out how to gather the articles I want and get them queued for transmission to the Book Port. Will I still be hearing all those unnecessary links on the page once the articles are in the Book Port?

Kathy Blackburn