[bookport] Navigation in .txt files...

  • From: Norm Gardner <norm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:54:51 -0600

Prior to the firmware update last March, I seemed to have no problem inserting codes into text files, which would then allow efficient navigation of the file in the bookport. After that firmware update, I have had great frustration and have not been successful at inserting paragraph codes in order to navigate with the 4 and 6 keys. Sometimes I also have problems inserting page break codes in order to navigate with the 7 and 9 keys. The only navigation code that now seems dependable is the section marker ";;;" which uses the A/D and C/F keys.

Has anyone else had this problem?

In the rush to comply with DAISY, I hope we don't abandon the plain .txt files!

norm