[bookport] Re: NLS books

  • From: "John Melia" <unclejam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 12:57:04 -0500

The old book port the one you have now cannot support the new talking books on the web there is no more room in the software but nls is going to some time come out in the future with a new book port that will support the digital talking books. When the new one is coming out has not been told us. They were having some supply issues. This discussion has been well gone over a few months a go. I personally would wait for the new book port. aph may not be the first kid on the block but when they show up what ever they have made is well made and is extremely thought out.----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Kelley" <dkelley55125@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 03:26:31 -0500
From: "NANCY HILL" <girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Re: button sensitivity

You could also increase the sensitivity number and that would make the
buttons require more oomph to push them.

Nancy
From: "Tataindi" <tataindi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Re: braille
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:57:10 -0500

I don't understand. Would you please explain? Thanks,
Tat
From: "Doc" <talmidim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:35:37 -0700

the arrows work just like your cursor keys on your pc keyboard. If you just
executed the find command dot 7 searches back and dot 8 searches forward.
Dot 7 used in combination with a letter capitalizes that letter.
******************************
My drinking team has a bowling problem.

robert Doc Wright
http://www.wrightplaceinc.net
msn
godfearer15@xxxxxxxxxxx

I don't understand. Would you please explain? Thanks,
Tat

 What function do the dots 7 and 8 and the arrows have in the bp when in
notes mode?
I understand some keys such as enter, delete, backspace and escape, but in
what instances can I use the arrows or the dots?
 Thank you,
 Tat

11/12/2007 9:19 PM

4:54 PM

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:01:59 -0600
From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The command you are speaking of doesn't lessen or increase button
sensitivity.  It lessens or increases the time between when you press
a key on the Bookport and when you hear the beep to let you know the BP is
off.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sandy Licht" <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:48:48 -0500
From: "NANCY HILL" <girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Sandy,

Wow, you know your Book port.  Thanks for the clarification.

Nancy

Does the Bookport actually say it is locked?  If it truly is, it
will tell you.
At 09:24 PM 11/13/2007 -0500, you wrote:
Hi Sandy.  I use 1 and 3 pushed to together to lock it.  It
always beeps at me when it's locked.  I heard somewhere that
there was a case that you could get for the bookport.  Does
anyone know of such a case?
Rebecca and Nuncio

msn rebecca.ilniski@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype rebeccai5

269.15.30/1127 - Release Date: 11/12/2007 9:19 PM

From: "Robert Clark" <rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:50:01 -0800

   Sandy is a treasure.  One of the most helpful, second only to Pamela.

Make it idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
Robert & Dreamer Doll  ke7nwn
Newport, Oregon
N24C 3G 8/2000 Hookup
rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx