[bookport] Re: NLS books

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 18:43:09 -0600 (CST)

Nope, afraid not. The Book Port does not, and will not, support them.

bruce

--
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave
the right to become children of God.--John 1:12, NIV

Bruce Toews
Skype ID: o.canada
LiveJournal: http://brucetola.livejournal.com

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Dan Kelley wrote:

I was reading Deborah Kendricks column in Access World about the new digital
talking books the National Library of Congress is putting up on the web.
Right now as I understand it the bookport is not supporting these books.
Are there plans for the Bookport to work with the NLS digital talking books?

Thanks,

Dan Kelley

Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 2:53 AM
To: bookport digest users
Subject: bookport Digest V4 #317

bookport Digest Thu, 15 Nov 2007        Volume: 04  Issue: 317

In This Issue:
                [bookport] Re: button sensitivity
                [bookport] Re: braille
                [bookport] Re: braille

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 03:26:31 -0500
From: "NANCY HILL" <girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Re: button sensitivity

You could also increase the sensitivity number and that would make the
buttons require more oomph to push them.

Nancy
From: "Tataindi" <tataindi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Re: braille
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:57:10 -0500

I don't understand. Would you please explain? Thanks,
Tat
From: "Doc" <talmidim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:35:37 -0700

the arrows work just like your cursor keys on your pc keyboard.  If you just
executed the find command dot 7 searches back and dot 8 searches forward.
Dot 7 used in combination with a letter capitalizes that letter.
******************************
My drinking team has a bowling problem.

robert Doc Wright
http://www.wrightplaceinc.net
msn
godfearer15@xxxxxxxxxxx

I don't understand. Would you please explain? Thanks,
Tat

 What function do the dots 7 and 8 and the arrows have in the bp when in
notes mode?
 I understand some keys such as enter, delete, backspace and escape, but in
what instances can I use the arrows or the dots?
 Thank you,
 Tat

11/12/2007 9:19 PM

4:54 PM

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:01:59 -0600
From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The command you are speaking of doesn't lessen or increase button
sensitivity.  It lessens or increases the time between when you press
a key on the Bookport and when you hear the beep to let you know the BP is
off.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sandy Licht" <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:48:48 -0500
From: "NANCY HILL" <girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Sandy,

Wow, you know your Book port.  Thanks for the clarification.

Nancy

Does the Bookport actually say it is locked?  If it truly is, it
will tell you.
At 09:24 PM 11/13/2007 -0500, you wrote:
Hi Sandy.  I use 1 and 3 pushed to together to lock it.  It
always beeps at me when it's locked.  I heard somewhere that
there was a case that you could get for the bookport.  Does
anyone know of such a case?
Rebecca and Nuncio

msn rebecca.ilniski@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype rebeccai5

269.15.30/1127 - Release Date: 11/12/2007 9:19 PM

From: "Robert Clark" <rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:50:01 -0800

   Sandy is a treasure.  One of the most helpful, second only to Pamela.

Make it idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
Robert & Dreamer Doll  ke7nwn
Newport, Oregon
N24C 3G 8/2000 Hookup
rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx