[bookport] Re: NLS & Bookport

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:21:13 -0400

Lynda:

Not right now.  They won't allow us to do it via the software.  Since there's
no room in the Firmware code to make this possible, there's really nothing we
can do to the current unit.

There's talk of being able to do it, once the Book Port 2 gets developed, but
it can't happen until Book Port 2 is done, as we'd have nothing to upgrade you
to.  So, at this point, as I say, it's Talk.  Nothing official.

Of course, I'll make an announcement here, if that happens.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> lynda.ingraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 04/09/08 11:53AM >>>
Sunflower

I recently received a message indicating both the Braille Plus and Icon have
updates available to enable downloading of NLS books.  I'm glad to see these
two units were added so shortly after the Victor Stream.  Has anyone heard
if there are plans to add the Bookport any time soon?

Thank you.

Lynda