[bookport] Re: My Bookport has arrived

  • From: James Nuttall <jnuttallphd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:59:50 -0800 (PST)

Hello Francis:
Your BookPort comes loaded with all the software that it needs to run itself.
The CD you got is software for your computer.  The computer software is the
transfer software that allows you to transfer files from your computer to the
BookPort.  It sounds like you got the latest file transfer program.

In terms of the CF card 1GB is plenty unless you plan on reading a lot of audio
MP3 type files.  In another e-mail they recommended online search for your best
deal.  Generally when looking at multiple online dealers buy from a dealer that
shows a good number of transactions.  This way you know you will be getting a
dealer that is reputable and you'll get your merchandise.

Jim Nuttall -- Michigan

"Francis E. Khan" <fekhan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello All:
My unit arrived yesterday and I have been reading the manual to get acquainted
with the operation. Does the Bookport come with the software already installed
or do I have to insert the CD and transfer it? There is a version number which
is 2004.10.05 at the beginning of the instructions and will some advise me
whether this is the updated software or the newest version of the manual.

I need to purchase a 2GB card and need to know what is a good brand to invest
in and also the address of a website in the USA.

Thanks for any help.

Francis Khan