[bookport] Re: Moving files in Book Port

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 10:26:56 -0400

Scott:

Beta testing is open to anyone who is interested. To read all the rules
and download the Beta version of Book Port Transfer and Firmware, go
to:

www.aph.org/tech/beta

You need to have a flash card installed in your Book Port in order to
update any firmware, because it has to go to the card temporarily,
before going onto the Book Port itself.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> learnedtechnology@xxxxxxx 09/09/05 10:03AM >>>
Hi Pamela,
thank you for your reply. I am running the 2.1 from June. I checked for

updates this morning. How would I get the beta version? Are the betas
open
to the public?

Another question, is it better to remove the CF card before installing
new
firmware?

Thanks for your help.
Scott

Without my morning coffee, I'm just like a dried up piece of roast
goat.
Johann Sebastian Bach