[bookport] Re: Moving Entire Folders to Book Port

  • From: Ron Wright <wrightr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 22:26:59 -0700 (MST)

There may be a better way to do this, but here is one way that has certain
advantages. First, find the folder where BookPort stores files in it's que
when the Bookport is not connected; in my WinXP system it's in

C:\Documents and Settings\wrightr\Application Data\APH\Book Port
Transfer\pending

where wrightr is my user login name. I have this bookmarked in my
Favorites. When the BookPort is not connected, copying files to this
directory is the same as using the SendTo BookPort feature. This is also
true of whole directories. If you copy a directory to the pending folder
then connect the bookport and allow it to send the queued files, it will
create a folder with the name of your folder and send all the files to it.

One advantage of doing it this way is after things are there in the pending
folder you can alter them in ways helpful to Bookport use, for example,
putting extra spaces in the file name (or folder name) to make it read
better or even search and replace things in the file that BookPort reads
wrong but that you wouldn't want to change in the original file.

Note also not to MOVE files to pending, because they're erased after they
are moved to the BookPort, and this includes folders.

HTH,
Ron

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, Jerry Weinger wrote:

> Dear List,
> What is the trick for moving an entire folder to the Book Port?  The Q&A
> section of the manual says that you can do this by right clicking on the
> folder, and then selecting the menu options for sending the folder to Book
> Port.  That is not what happens for me.
>
> I get error messages when I move an entire folder to Book Port;  something
> having to do with unfiltered files.  But, if I only move the contents of
> that same folder to the Book Port, no problem.
>
> IF you have a clue, please post to the list and CC to me, as I am set to
> digest.
>
> Thanks for helping.
>
> Sincerely,
> Jerry Weinger
> jnweinger@xxxxxxxxxxx

Ron Wright                                      Department of Psychiatry
wrightr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                              University of Arizona
520-626-7118 voice                                      P. O. Box 245002
520-626-2004 fax                                   Tucson, AZ 85724-5002