[bookport] More transfer errors

  • From: "Cheryl and Dash Lenartiene" <Dashman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 04:32:27 -0400

Hello everyone,
     This is primarily addressed to the folks at APH.  I started drafting this
message Friday night.  Note: I am using a Lexar 1 GB card.
     OK, since my last message, the unit has been locking up on the same file
each time.  I tried sending the files one at a time, and got the same results.
This time, I was able to write down the following additional BP errors:
Card insertion error; ......; saving voice recording
Firmware Error Conditioning Y#N RZV at line number 29698. Press the 0 key to
reset BookPort.

     Preceding this, the transfer software forze in the middle of sending this
one specific file, and when I hit Cancel, reported that the flash card was
full; it is not.  I never removed or reinserted the card.  Also, the 0 key
would not reset the BP.  I had to remove the batteries to force a reset.  The
firmware conditioning error occurred more than once, but has not occurred since
Friday, though much additional testing was done.
     What I have found, with extensive testing over the weekend, is that the
card seems to have become partially corrupt.  I can fit over 600 MB on the
card, but wants I get down to about 363 MB free, nothing else will go on the
card.  BP Transfer reports a card full condition, and CF readers report that
the device is not ready.  I have tried using the BP and the PC to reformat the
card.  Once, I even tried reformatting it as a FAT32 (then sent files to it
from the PC's card reader), and got the same results.  I've tried running
ScanDisk and the BP Transfer's Fix Errors utility on the card, but to no avail.
     This card is just a couple of weeks old, so I can't imagine it would have
gone bad.  Can anyone at APH provide insight into the error message above, and
what may have possibly happened?  I don't want to put money into another 1 GB
card until I at least have an idea if I did something wrong, or what might have
happened.  I am happy to answer any questions to help clarify the situation.

Thanks,
Cheryl