[bookport] Re: More on the upgrades

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:02:03 -0400

Yes. The Options Button and Advanced tab is where you need to be. Now,
when the firmware is sent to BP, you will hear the same sounds you
normally get when sending books to the BP. So, you'll know when it is
finished, based on the sounds. Plus, it will also tell you the Firmware
has been sent and the process will begin when you disconnect. Press
Enter on the OK Button, and you're good to go. Yes, you'll want to
listen to the headphones when you disconnect.

As far as updating your manual goes, simply delete your current one on
the flashcard, before connecting. Any time you connect to the PC, it
will look for a manual; if it doesn't find it, it will put the latest
one there.

>>> petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx 05/18/05 07:22AM >>>
BP rookie here. Some more questions on the firmware & software
upgrades.

Steps:
Connect BP unit to USB. BP transfer software appears. My Auto
updates is turned off here. Go to options, Advanced tab or
whichever tab has the check for updates buttons.

Questions:  When is it safe to disconnect the BP unit from the
USB port? Please explain this. I also read to have the
headphones connected to the BP which I already do.

Is there a text version available for the new release? If yes
what is the direct URL address for this updated manual.

I have saved the pc announce message from this mailing list and
will read it again before doing the upgrades.

Thanks.