[bookport] More newbie questions

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:50:00 -0700

UNFILTERED - ?
"playing unfiltered files not supported"  is what Bookport has said on a
couple of .doc and .opf files I've loaded into the unit.=20

FILES - ?
=20
Also the titles are strange on some files.
I understand it is suppose to be contents of beginning of file, but it =
seems
like not exactly right.

BOOKPORT TRANSFER UTILITY
   Sometimes - When unattended every couple minutes it plays a lttle =
scale
like musical sound.
     How should I interpret this?
    I am assuming it is the reminder that "Bookport is connected" sound.
   But if it means something else, I of course want to know.

Going to FOLDER -=20
When using Book Transfer Utility - "Look In"  to find Bookport which on =
my
machine is calling it "Removeable Disk" if I hit ENTER on it, it WILL =
NOT go
there.  Instead it will go somewhere else, like to my hard disk or some
other drive or folder.
   Should it do this?
  If so I must be doing something wrong whentrying to view Bookport
contents.

If I go to some folders and hit ENTER it brings up the Folder =
Properties.

Also when I try and hit ENTER on the "go to last folder" button, it =
actually
actuates the SEND and sends a file to the unit.   I don't understand =
this.
But I do notice that at least for me, hitting SPACEBAR does work for =
this
button.  I noticed before that when I would hit ENTER on Options or Help =
or
other buttons, it would not work, but did work with the spacebar.   Is =
this
right?

TRANSFERing files=20
  Should I have multiple files of same book displayed after I transfer a
book?
I notice this when viewing using Windows Explorer since as said above I
can't seem to get the Transfer Utility to diplay the unit contents in =
the
List View.
They are files of same title with the extensions   ._DD  ._AA  and ._IX
Also...  Files saying LASTFILE -- is it something that I should not fool
with and leave there?

FILE TYPES=20
I have scanned books using OpenBook and wondered how I can best read =
them
with Bookport... Save them as what file type, I mean. =20

Thanks.
Sorry to throw so much in one email.
But I figure I may as well get it straight as I learn.

Richard