[bookport] Re: Missing format 4

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:04:24 +1300

Hi to all!

Thanks to Marlaina's had Chris's suggestions, I have done a bit more
experimenting. While their suggestions were helpful, I will go a bit further
in explaining the process.

After choosing one book, I copied it to the Bookport. Then a while later, I
went back and chose another book. Remember I said that Bookport transfer
wasn't running nor was Bookport connected. So when I went to download my
next chosen book, format 4 wasn't available as one of my choices. Other
circumstances then required me to reboot. After rebooting, I went back to
Audible, choosing my library link. Now I found the title I had chosen
yesterday. Format 4 was now available, so I selected it and have transferred
this to the bookport as well.

So it seems that not only do you need to be sure that the bookport is not
connected or Bookport transfer is running, but if they recently have been,
it is necessary to reboot before format 4 is available.

Hope this might help someone else.

Cheers,
Dave