[bookport] Re: Mean time between crashes -- is anyone else seeing this as often as I am?

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:16:22 -0700

        Hello.  By some of the responses I've gotten, I gather that I've given
the impression that my Bookport crashes often.  That's not the case.  It
takes me between a month and 6 weeks to build up 100 hours of use, so we're
talking a crash once every month or two.  Compared to Windows, it's as
stable as a rock.  Compared to one's refrigerator, it's a little shaky.  :)
In the ideal world, I'd like to only have to reset the thing once a year or
so, but I understand that my expectations might be high.  :)
My question was mostly prompted by curiosity about other's experience.   It
sounds like people are having similar experiences to mine, and reset rates,
either due to crashes, dead batteries, or other unforeseen events, are
happening at about the same rate as me.  My guess is that most resets are
due to firmware upgrades and battery changes, which is what mine are due
to, for the most part.

-Brian