[bookport] Re: Mark setting in MP3 files

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 20:01:35 +1200

Hi Angie and list:

Welcome back! Yes, I have confirmed your advice on both counts after checking
the send audio files as music and resending the file.

Now I'll make much better use of marks.

Hope I haven't missed your podcast about the headphones that we discussed by
Email several weeks ago.

Cheers,
Dave
  From: David Allen
  Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:42:10 +1200

  Hello list:

  I've been absent for a while and regret that it has been something bothersome
that has been the main drive to get me back.

  I was trying to set some marks in an MP3 file that is a radio show. When I
tried setting them, I found consistantly that the places that were marked
lagged the place I intended marked by several seconds. In fact, I validated one
case where the mark was 18 seconds before where I had intended. According to
the manual on my unit, file type makes no different in how marks are treated.
Admittedly, I have not checked the send file as music check box in the Bookport
transfer options. Would this cause marks to be set where I want them? I set a
mark in a text file (actually in the manual), and found that worked exactly as
the manual advises.

  Any help on resolving this or correcting my understanding of it would be
appreciated.

  Cheers,
  Dave