[bookport] Re: Mac.

  • From: "Jeanette Beal" <bealjk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 12:36:13 -0500

STAN OMG YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!  I just played with the mac leopard system in
the Apple store and I am sold.  I can't purchase it til after February
because I'm still paying off a pathetic new Dell laptop I didn't want.  I
would be interested in hearing how you work with it - feel free to include
me in any off-list ruminations.  And let me know how the dual platform works
- I assume you'll run other a-t software like kurzweil or jaws or zoomtext
or dragonspeak or something, eh?
I'm so jealous.  Jealous!  JEALOUS!
Too you may want to get an external windows-based keyboard to make
navigation easier.  I have one since it was lying around my office.  When I
set folks up with macs with dual-boot (for non-VI issues) I set them up with
an external windows keyboard.  It helps cut down the degree of irritation.
But I never give macs to blind/vi folks so I really want to know how it
works for you.  Plus that means then I really *can* be a mac convert.
And before I stop drooling ,let me know how you like the voice over.  I
found it slightly more intuitive but I haven't read a full review and I
haven't had time or chance to really play with it myself. I haven't been
able to use a mac thus far because of the wretched voiceover in Tiger
(though some less-blind-than-me claim it's serviceable) and leopard seems
*so* much better.  I'd be particularly keen on knowing how it works with
excel and access.
- Jeanette