[bookport] MP3s for learning foreign languages

  • From: Peter Rand <peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 14:42:23 +0200

Larry,

I have some teach-yourself foreign language lessons in MP3 format. The
user is supposed to listen to the spoken text, and then to repeat it
frequently. That means one constantly has to rewind a few seconds worth
of material in order to listen to a phrase again.

How suitable is the Book Port for this kind of task - listening to
spoken text in MP3 format and skipping back and forth within the MP3
file in order to review difficult phrases? I guess what I am asking is
whether Book Port has anything anything akin to a fast forward/reverse
function with regard to MP3's.

Peter