[bookport] Re: Loudest volume command

  • From: "MICHAEL MCCARTY" <mmccarty@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:05:40 -0400

But if you hold down the "D" key, you could gradually drop, maybe in
larger encraments until you reached the minimal volume, then go up a
little in volume to hear the time, it's the same difference to me.

Michael McCarty
Fred's Head Database Coordinator
American Printing House for the Blind
www.aph.org

>>> gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 04/25/05 04:43PM >>>
I am perfectly happy to press F repeatedly to get to full volume.
The same is not so true of minimum volume - sometimes at night my
wife and I fall asleep to the BP reading. If I want to know the
time in the middle of the night, I like being able to press and
hold the D key, knowing it will jump to minimum volume. I then
press the F key just to the point where I can hear our speaker
and inquire about the time. So while it would seem natural and
consistent to disable the D key's long press for minimum volume
if we make the same change to F, this I would prefer you not do.