[bookport] Loudest volume command

  • From: "Angie Matney" <matneyar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:49:00 -0400

Hello all,

I've been meaning to ask a question, and after I accidentally did this to
myself again this morning, I thought I would post
about this issue.

My question concerns the "f for 1 beep" command to go to the loudest volume. Do
people actually use this? I ask
because I find that the only time I ever press this key is by accident, which
results in an unpleasantly loud burst of
speech. I understand why this command is there--it makes sense, intuitively.
But maybe a more useful (and less painful)
option might be to have the machine increase the volume by 5 or so whenever "f
for one beep" is pressed. This would
allow the user to quickly increase the volume, but it would save some wear and
tear on my poor ears. <grin>

Would something like this even be a possibility? And if it is, what would
people think?

Sorry if anyone gets great use out of this command. I just thought I would post
this suggestion here to see what others
think.

Angie