[bookport] Re: Large Digital Talking Books

  • From: "Scott Duck" <sduck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:35:42 -0600

Sarah,
First of all, I don't mind the questions.  I am a management accountant and
so I, myself, am use to having to ask a lot of detailed questions to figure
things out.  Yes, my unpack utility is set to create html files but I delete
the html file before sending to the BP so that I don't send the html file in
stead of the digital talking book.  That leavs 5 files.  The BP transfer
software only shows one occurrence of the book and it doesn't show file
extensions so I don't know which files are being sent.  I figured that the
transfer software chose which ever files are needed.  Also, I am confused by
one thing that you said.  You said that the BP doesn't need the files that
contain information related to file navigation.  Sense the BP can move by
sections, subsections, and pages, in digital talking books, wouldn't the BP
need the navigation information?
Thanks,
Scott