[bookport] Re: Large Digital Talking Books

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:15:53 -0600

Scott, what is the file format of the file you are trying to send?
Are they txt files, or some other format?  I have found that if I
convert files to txt before sending them, the book port takes much
much less time to transfer them because it isn't having to convert
from Word or some other formatted file.  I'm not saying your files are
in Word, that was just an example, but if they are txt files, they
should go very quickly.  I don't know if there is a file limit, but I
have transferred some rather large files with no problem.

Also, what size card to you have in your book port.  It's possible
there is not enough room for the file.  I don't know what message one
gets when copying a file that will not fit, and perhaps others can
help with this, but that is a possible problem.
Neal