[bookport] LATE BREAKING FEATURE REQUEST

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:01:15 -0800

        Hello.  Well, I realize I've probably missed the boat on this one, but
I thought I'd throw it out there for the next beta cycle.
        I think it would be useful to have a configurable option, called
cursor beeps, or something like that, where when it is enabled, when you
are stepping through a text file by word or by character, the Bookport
beeper sounds when ever you cross a line boundary.  I want this to work for
all indexed text files, regardless of whether they're indexed by line or by
sentence.  I've been reading through tables lately with the bookport, and
knowing when I cross a line boundary would be useful, and a beep is an
unobtrusive way to do it without interrupting the flow of words through
Doubletalk.  Just in case that last sentence makes things unclear, I'm not
proposing that Bookport should beep when reading a file in stream mode,
only when traversing a file, under user control, and only when stepping by
word or character.

-thanks
-Brian